Epiphany Sims 3 Role-play Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bar Thread

3 posters

Go down

Bar Thread Empty Bar Thread

Post by Bria Anderson Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Being in a new area meant one thing to me and that was new bars. Roaming the streets I stumbled into a local pub that was fairly busy. People shot pool while desperate women clung to the grossest of men for a free drink. I surveyed the area and nothing really piqued my interest, which was extremely disappointing since I had a whole bar to choose from. I made my way to the counter as I the bartender was finishing up with a customer. He gave me a funny look as he hesitantly asked me what I wanted to drink. I guess he wasn’t used to seen random women covered in scars and creepy tattoo on their face but whatever, this was the 21st century, he needed to be more open. I thought about being rude and abrasive, giving him a reason to be hesitant but decided to just be polite and order two shots of vodka and a glass of Jack. The funny look didn’t go away; I guess he was wondering if I was waiting for friends. I returned his gaze with a smile as I tapped on the counter, hoping he’d hurry up. He got the glasses and poured them out in front of me, standing for a moment to see what I’d do. I grabbed both my shots and threw them back and chugged down my glass of jack before moving towards one of the empty pool tables. I was a good pool player, I was pretty damn good to be exact but I didn’t need people knowing that.

I started fidgeting with the pool stick, first holding it the wrong way and then completely missing cue when shot. I heard a few snickers which was perfect, the bait was set now I needed to catch someone. Bingo! One of the desperate women decided to make me her target. Dressed in an ill-fitting black dressed pair with the cheapest shoes ever, I started to wonder if she’d even have the money.

“New in town?” Her wheezy voice made me cringe but I tried to mask my disdain with a cheery smile.
“Yeah and as you can see, I’m new to this.” I laughed it off as I continued to aimlessly shoot at the cue ball, tapping it ever so slightly. I could feel her watching me, she looked me up and down, assuming she’d make a killing betting me on a game.
“You need help? I’ve been told I’m a very good teacher.” A crooked smile formed on her face as she was practically lusting for me to agree.
“Sure, why not.” I responded coyly, returning a smile of my own.
She started by teaching me the basics, showing me how to hold the stick and everything. In a matter of minutes she declared that I was worthy of a match.
“Well this wouldn’t be any fun if we didn’t have an incentive.” Her smile bigger than ever now as she tapped her chin thinking of a number. “How about a hundred dollars?”
“Wow that’s a lot of money.” I said ‘nervously.’ I took a deep breath and extended my arm. “Sure, why not.”
“Alright, looks like we got a game.” She could barely control her excitement as she thought of all the things she could do with the money…please. “You know what darling, you go first. You’re stripes.”
“Perfect.” I said with a smirk. I racked the balls up and took my shot. A look of confusion and shock spread across her face as I two of my balls went in with ease. I continued lining them up, hitting one in each time until I was down to the eight ball. “You know, it’s not nice to hustle people.” I say as I sunk the last shot. “It is very unbecoming.” Her eyebrows furrowed as she couldn’t mask her anger.
“You little lying bitch! You hustled me!” People started to take notice of us as I just stared at her with a smug look on my face.
“I believe the bet was a hundred dollars.”
“I’m not giving a fucking penny!” She started pointing her finger at me, getting closer and closer until she was right in my face. The smell of alcohol and cigarettes lingered on her breath, while the mixed scent of cheap perfume and sweat hovered around.
“Lady, a deal’s a deal.” She continued to swear at me, refusing to give me a dime until a couple of guys decided to pull her away from. I gave her a wave as she managed to get an arm free and flip me off. Well, my night was going better than I had planned. I strolled back over to the bar where the bartender stood in amazement. Before I could order, he placed a glass of whiskey in front of me.

“Thanks.” I say in a surprised tone. He nodded before moving on to another customer. I swiveled around my seat and continued to scan the bar in hopes that I’d get into more fun tonight.
Bria Anderson
Bria Anderson

Back to top Go down

Bar Thread Empty Re: Bar Thread

Post by KarmaSage Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:47 pm

After hours of sitting in the bar feeding my vices, thinking nothing of it but worthless scum and smelly women drenched in their own stench of vodka, sex and drugs. I get a slight chuckle out of the whole overall shitty event, on it's own the night had already began like every other night in the city that never sleeps. Katie, harassing some girl that I couldn't get a mere glimpse of. Derek trying to sleep with every girl asking at least 5 times per girl and hearing sex noises from across the bar as the communal sluts get it on in the bathroom. I mean; who names their kid Katie anyway? Sounds like one of those trailer park white girl names, so typical. But hey, who am I to judge someones name; my mother must have hated me. What kind of name is Karma.

I slowly come back to earth and regain composure after staring off into space like I always do. Putting the ridged old shot glass to my lips and tossing it back; the cold and dry whiskey drips down my throat. The burn is like every sensation before that, I'm a girl of little vices, but hey; I've came a long way from the piece of shit I used to be.

A smirk arises on my face as I stand up and walk over to the different looking girl that just jacked Katie of her money. Pulling my cigarettes out of my pocket and lighting one up as I lean against the bar; looking down at the worn out wood that obviously needed to be replaced but no one cared to do it. I try not to blend in to the other trash that's at the bar and I don't mean the empty beer bottles.
I inhale quickly, taking the smoke deep into my lungs. As I exhale I look over to you and say cautiously... "It was a smart thing you did back there, Katie had it coming to her I suppose." Chuckling I exhale, putting the rest of my cigarette in the old and black ashtray, looking down and back at you again. "Are you from here? If I were you, I would get out as fast as I can... you seem like a girl that knows what shes doing though so I guess I can't tell you what to do. I'm just some stranger anyway." I light up another cigarette quickly, trying to get rid of the anxiety. I'm not used to talking to people, I meet them once and never talk to them again. Sick of being that girl, that blonde that is quickly judged so I try not to judge you like I find myself being labeled endlessly so I pray to god that you dont know who I am. The last thing I need is someone asking me for a picture or to be friends or something. For once I want to b known as an actual person and not the other side of me. So I bite my lip and look at you again, i stutter slightly. "I'm sorry, I've kind of made this awkward haven't I? And now I'm stuttering. Great." orders more whiskey and hops up in the bar stool, needing to cover up my nerves, badly.
KarmaSage
KarmaSage
Admin
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/Iloveaislinn69

Back to top Go down

Post by Bria Anderson Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:05 pm

I must’ve zoned out; lost in the taste of my whisky, I barely heard anything this random girl was saying. I looked over towards you, still half focused as I watched your lips move but heard nothing. I shook my head and quickly snapped back into focus and vaguely hearing your last few words. You didn’t look like a girl I’d want to socialize with or sleep with and although I wanted to just get up and walk away, I decided to be polite. “Um…hi.” I wasn’t really sure what to say, I wasn’t the social type and didn’t know how to act in situations that caused me to be genuine. I took another gulp of my drink, finishing the rest of it before placing my glass back on the counter. I didn’t know what to say next but I figured honesty was the best policy. “I’m going to be real with you; I didn’t hear anything you just said.” I signaled the bartender for another round as I tried to not seem completely rude. “It’s not that you were boring, it’s just that my whisky tasted so good.” Shit…I don’t see that making things better. I cleared my throat as racked my brain on what to do next. I could still walk away but my drink, whatever I'll just wing it. “That sounds bad, you know what forget I said anything before and let me start over. Hi, I’m Bria and you are?”
Bria Anderson
Bria Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Li Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:50 pm

As the taxi made a full stop, I immediately threw what I had in my wallet and got out. It was time I start exploring other bars in town. I walked towards the entrance. The bar was filled with loud voices. I walked inside and scanned around the place. Not bad. I've been in better and worse. I pushed through the crowd and headed towards the bartender. As I make my way through, I accidentally bumped over a girl who was carrying a pool stick. She looked like she was in a bad mood and I think I just made her day worse. Oops. She became irritated and started to wheeze. Her nostril flared at me.

"Oops" I said awkwardly.

She gave a look of disgust and annoyance.
"Watch where you're going..Bitch" She tried to stay calm.
I shrugged and continued to walk away. She grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"Um Excuse me. Did you not hear me?"
"Yeah. Loud and clear hun." I said, scoffing afterwards and turning around.

She began talking again. This time it was louder. "Ok. I don't know who you think you are, but you need to show some respect bitch."
"You have to earn my respect first dear."

I smirked and gave her a slight wink. She growled and stormed off. I finally made it to the bar. I sat down on the bar stool and waited for someone to take my order. I then looked around beside and saw a familiar face. I recognized that scarred face anywhere.

Jenny Li
Jenny Li

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum